Venango County Hotline
Serving individuals who have been affected by domestic and sexual violence and other serious crime.
PPC offers free and confidential services in Venango County to individuals, relatives, and friends affected by:
- Domestic or sexual violence
- Serious crimes including assault, DUI related offenses, burglary, homicide, and identity theft
- Stalking and harassment
Services provided include:
- 24-Hour Hotline/First Response Team
- Emergency Temporary Shelter
- Provide information regarding the criminal justice system and safety planning
- Prevention and education programs
- Crisis intervention and short-term counseling
- Assistance with protection orders which include:
♦ Protection From Abuse (PFA)
♦ Sexual Violence Protection Order (SVPO)
♦ Protection From Intimidation (PFI)
- Advocacy and accompaniment to legal proceedings, medical facilities, and community agencies
- Financial Literacy
- Criminal justice orientation and support
All services are free and confidential.
PPC Violence Free Network receives support from the United Way of Venango County, PCAR (Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape), PCADV (Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence), and PCCD (Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency).
Donations to PPC’s Shelter are a crucial part of maintaining the shelter and helping our participants to become self-sufficient. At a moment’s notice, shelter staff needs to be prepared to feed, clothe and provide personal care items for individuals or families who have just fled from an unsafe situation. Please call the shelter at 814-676-5476 prior to taking items for drop off, for directions, to discuss current shelter needs, to volunteer, or to arrange for drop-off of items.
PPC Violence Free Network relies heavily on volunteers and community support. Volunteers who are interested in working as a hotline volunteer or who are interested in working directly with victims must complete an 80-hour counselor/advocate training. We also need volunteers who are willing to help in the office and at the shelter with donations and other PPC administrative needs who do not have to complete the 80-hour training. If you have a few hours to give, please call PPC at 814-676-5476.